Electronic Equipment Insurance
This insurance is designed to provide the insured with protection against any sudden and unforeseen material damage to their electronic data processing equipment. They are covered while they are operating, stopped, being maintained, overhauled, or cleaned. This type of insurance can cover everything from personal computers, medium and high-capacity computers, photocopiers, and telephone exchanges to specialized medical equipment.
Note: In the event of a loss covered under the conditions of this offer, the covered property will be indemnified on the basis of replacement value, except in cases where the property is five years old or older, it will be indemnified at actual value.
- Fire, lightning strike, explosion, and implosion.
- Smoke, soot, gases, liquids, or corrosive dust.
- Flood; the action of water and humidity, provided that they do not come from normal atmospheric conditions nor from the environment in which the insured property is located.
- Short-circuit, bridging, arcing, magnetic field disturbances, insufficient insulation, overvoltage caused by lightning, coughing of insulation.
- Construction errors, assembly faults, material defects.
- Operational errors, carelessness, negligence, inexperience, as well as malicious damage and malice on the part of third parties.
- Hail, frost, storm
- Robbery with violence, except for losses caused directly or indirectly by theft and robbery
- Land subsidence, landslides, rock falls, avalanches, except losses resulting from earthquakes, tremors, tidal waves, volcanic eruptions, typhoons, cyclones, or hurricanes.
This post is also available in: Spanish